Empowering Our Dreams
In the January newsletter, I talked about creating a vision for our lives, but it’s not always easy to sustain that vision when our reality isn’t reflecting it yet. There are several principles and practices that I think are particularly powerful for moving us towards realizing our vision. Here they are:
- Utilize the Power of Intention: To work with the power of intention think about what you really want in life and know you can have it.
- Write your intentions and desires down and then activate them from time to time by imagining that they’ve already come true. Deepak Chopra says that “intention has organizing power.” It’s as if the universe eavesdrops on our intentions and then helps us fulfill them.
- Connect with Source: Take time to go within, to meditate or to just be. When you take time to ‘be still’ you infuse your being with a sense of calm and trust and possibility.
- Ask Spirit to Guide You: Ask to be guided to the fulfillment of your intentions and be alert to signs and synchronicities and themes that emerge in your life. This is how Spirit guides you.
- Let Go of the How: Think about what you want, but not “how” you are going to get there. Of course you still need to take action, but know that the universe is always working behind the scenes.
- Reduce Overwhelm: If you notice yourself holding your breath or feeling like you need to catch up, remind yourself that you can’t live your life in one day, so don’t try. Instead, prioritize and then focus your attention on what matters most.
- Invest Time in Yourself: Ceaselessly striving causes burn out and ultimately takes the fun out of life so be sure to take time for yourself. Nurture your mind, body and soul through exercise, play, social time, downtime and whatever else rejuvenates you.
- Detach and Trust: Sometimes, the universe has something better in store for us then what we’ve imagined. And sometimes, not getting what (we think) we want is a blessing. Keep dreaming, keep smiling, keep imagining and yet also relax and let go.
- Surround Yourself with the Positive: Share your dreams and your heart’s desires with those that support you and those that are optimistic about life.
- Think About What You Want: Focus your attention on what you want, not what you don’t want or what you lack. Whatever we put our attention on grows. Plant your seeds and grow your dreams.Wishing you the best!
“Do not wait; the time will never be ‘just right’. Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.” Napolean Hill.
Lisa Guyman, February 2009