Are you a Reiki practitioner and wish to volunteer?
Here are some ideas to get you started with volunteering your Reiki services:
Reiki Volunteer Services for People:
- If you are in Denver, Colorado or metro Detroit let me know by email or by my contact form that you are interested in volunteering and I can let you know of special requests. Let me know if you are comfortable giving Reiki in a hospital setting, and/or a home setting. Let me know if you have Reiki insurance.
- Contact local hospice centers to see if they take Reiki volunteers.
- Contact local volunteer organizations to see if they have had requests for Reiki volunteers.
- Talk to your neighborhood assisted living centers or nursing homes.
- Contact your local hospital and see if they would compile a list of Reiki, energy healing volunteers for patients. The Center for Reiki Research (slow site to open) has a list of hospitals that offer Reiki and research on Reiki.
- Contact oncology centers in your area to see if they accept volunteers.
- If you live in Colorado – Life Spark Now – http://lifesparknow.org offers training and pairs healing touch and Reiki practitioners with those facing the challenge of cancer.
Reiki Volunteer Services for Animals
- Contact local vetranerians to see if they take Reiki volunteers.
- Contact local shelters or animal rescues to see if they take Reiki volunteers.
- Shelter Animal Reiki Association (SARA): Supporting Reiki practitioners to implement professional, effective and ethical Animal Reiki programs in their local shelters. Click here for a link to SARA animal organization members.
- Animal Reiki Source: Animal Reiki Training Classes.
Some organizations offer special training for Reiki volunteer services. Search out your community for resources. Please let me know what you find out so I can add resources here.
Hospice Volunteer Opportunities Colorado & Michigan:
Evercare Hospice and Palliative Care – Denver, CO:
The Denver Hospice:
VITAS Innovative Hospice Care – Southfield, MI:
Reiki Liability Insurance – Most organziations will require that you have insurance.
International Association of Reiki Professionals (IARP) www.iarpReiki.org
IARP is wonderful for information on Reiki. They also have a practitioner listing which is a great way to expand your business, and they offer liability insurance for your practice. Receive $10 off your membership by using promo code LG562 compliments of Lisa Guyman and IARP.
Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals (ABMP)
Evergreen, CO, 303-674-8478, www.abmp.com
Hands-on Trades Protection Plan
Jones & Mitchell Co, Spokane, WA, 1-800-872-1282, www.handsontrade.com