Top Personal Favorite Spiritual Authors
- Seven Spiritual Laws of Success Deepak Chopra, M.D. – Mind Body Medicine, Ayurveda, Spirituality, Yoga, Meditation, Mysticism and much more. I see Deepak as the master of bridging spirituality and mysticism with western science and medicine. His wisdom and insight is truly timeless. Start with the Seven Spiritual Laws of Success or The Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga. Also, love Power, Freedom and Grace and The Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire.
- Jack Kornfield– Absolutely amazing heart and wisdom in his writings. Presently reading The Wise Heart.
- Abraham-Hicks – Jerry and Esther Hicks – I highly recommend Ask and it is Given it’s a must read! The foundational philosophy is we can be or have whatever we want and it is just a matter of getting out of the way. The second half of the book offers 22 processes for shifting yourself into a positive and empowered place of non-resistance, into a place of receiving your desires.
- Michael Newton. – Life Between Lives. Many people have told me this book has had a profound impact on their lives. Michael recorded many, many sessions of people describing what happens between lives and how we go about selecting this life. Start with Journey of Souls.
- Eckart Tolle – Spirituality – How to be in the “now” author of the Power of Now. If we can bring our awareness into the present moment (i.e. and not project into or worry about the future and also not rehash the past) we can find much greater peace and satisfaction (and ultimately I believe also success).
- Byron Katie– Following her processes for “the work” i.e. seeing things differently can transform many relationship problems and help us lighten up and stay out of other people’s business. It’s amazingly liberating. One of the great questions she asks is “who would you be without that thought? i.e. if you think so and so should do this. Start with I Need Your Love Is It True.
- Dr. Wayne Dyer – I’ve seen him speak two times. He is truly amazing. He has a very healing, warm and down to earth presence. Catch him on PBS when you can! He has written over 29 books on psychology to spirituality. And has even written two children’s books. Fabulous.
More Personal Favorites
- Lauren Holmes – Her book Peak Evolution is phenomenal – it’s not for everyone though. Her languaging is a bit different, Quantum Physics as it relates to personal growth.
- Barbara Sher– Living a life you love, career path, finding one’ purpose and enjoying life.
- McLaren, Karla – Emotional Healing and Growth. Her book Emotional Genius is awesome, but hard to find these days.
- Cameron, Julia – Creative development. Writing, Art.
- Kieves, Tama – Finding your way, finding purpose and direction in your life. Great e-course.
- Carolyn Myss – Great work in energy medicine and chakras.
- Louise Hay – Foundational work on the mind and body connection (I highly recommend Heal Your Body and Heal Your Life).
Healing, Chakras & Energy Work
- Dr. Richard Gerber – author on complementary healing and energy medicine. Vibrational Medicine.
- Barbara Ann Brennan – founder of School of Healing and former NASA physicist.
- Donna Eden – Practical energy medicine, well being and balance, working with meridians, etc. I highly recommend Energy Medicine and her Energy Medicine Kit.
- Frank Arjava Petter – Works in conjunction with Reiki Society of Japan
- Diane Stein – a little controversial in the Reiki field, but I do like her work.<
- William Lee Rand – founder prints fabulous quarterly Reiki Magazine.
Health and Well-Being Authors
- Douillard, John – Mind, Body, Sport – a phenomenal book on exercise with the philosophy and approach of Ayurveda and a revolutionary perspective on peak performance i.e. “no pain ultimate gain.”
- Dr. Christiane Northrup, M.D. – Women’s Bodies Woman’s Wisdom. An M.D. offering lots of information on women’s health. Combining western and holistic medicine.
- Dr. Andrew Weil – Holistic M.D. offering very practical health and healing information.
- Dr. Joseph Mercola – Holistic M.D. offering a phenomenal e-mail health newsletter for free. He is definitely more extreme than other holistic doctors, but I think what he is saying needs to be heard (as with anything take it with a grain of salt (non-iodized).
- Dr. Deepak Chopra – A visionary in mind/body medicine.